Friday, March 2, 2007

Punkest thing I've knitted

What is Punk?
Here's one of the many definitions I found from Dictionary.com
-a style or movement characterized by the adoption of aggressively unconventional and often bizarre or shocking clothing, hairstyles, makeup, etc., and the defiance of social norms of behavior, usually associated with punk rock musicians and fans.

So with that definition in mind....
The most punk thing I've knitted is my Pizza Slut Bag. The Mudflap girl pattern was from Stitch'n Bitch Nation but I added the pizza box. The bag itself I made up the pattern.

I found and altered to my bag the letters from some website that had simple letter graphs. A part of me is in this bag!!!
I decided to make it when I got my part time job at pizza hut as a delivery driver and my black pants did not have pockets. I got tired of using a crown bag to hold my cash etc.

8 comments:

sunneshine said...

This is such a cool bag! And I love how you took the already irreverent pattern and made it your own!

KatnZoey said...

haha pizza slut, thats a nifty little bag.

gearncniht said...

that is so fabulous! did the customers ever see it? what did they say about it? ^^

MsFortuknit said...

K thats great!

Zenknitter LesleyD said...

I've had the concierge at the Hilton say something to me. He asked if that was part of the new uniform at pizza hut. I try to keep the Pizza Slut side turned in and the mud flap girl side out so that kids don't see it. The mudflap girl they are exposed to all the time driving down the interstate. I got some great comments from the LYS Saturday about it!

roxtarc said...

makes me crave a slice! VERY cool!
cause who isnt a slut for a good slice! haha!

metal and knit said...

I must say it is a good one

Obsidian Kitten said...

HAW! she is hot!

what a cool idea...