Saturday, March 3, 2007

My punkest ever...

OK. I'm going to have to name drop all over the place here. The "punkest" thing I ever knitted was a pair of fingerless gloves, in black and red. We've already come to the consensus that fingerless gloves are punk, but what makes them really punk for me is that I knit them for Duanne Peters of the US Bombs http://www.alive-totalenergy.com/USBombs.html. I knit the letters S T A Y and A W A Y on the knuckles, to match his tattoos. (this is long before the KNitty "Knucks" pattern came out, by the way) He is a friend of a friend and used to live close to me.
I don't have any pictures, but I will try to get in touch with him and see if I can get some.

If I can use more than one item I would also like to mention the elbow length fingerless gloves I made for a friend in dusty pink with pi cable up the arm(twisting at the numbers of pi 3.14159....)
Again, no pictures now... To me these are way more punk.

2 comments:

sunneshine said...

I love the sound of the long gloves with the pi cable....

MsFortuknit said...

You rock!

Sunne'
Where in the world do you get the time for alll of this?