Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I interupt all the fun.....

to bring this public service announcement about PRGE. I have gotten several e-mails regarding pals who have not communicated since their initial contact and/or questions from pals new to an exchange about what is supposed to happen. SO, if you know, you can skip this. But, the basic answer is, the more you put into an exchange, the more you will get out of it. I have had pals in the past that have ended up being friends - the kind of friends I will see seldomly, but keep in touch with for forever - and I have had pals that I will never talk to again. The requirement is that you e-mail your pal once a week. The hope is that you and your pal can chat and it doesn't have to be a required e-mail once a week, but is a "hey how are you " here and there as the mood strikes... more then once a week. I realize that it is tough to be a secret pal in this small of an exchange, which is why you know who your pal is before everything ends - then it really is easier to chat! You don't have to be worried about what you say (to reveal who you are) or who thinks you may/may not be their pal. So be nice, be polite, respond when your pal e-mails you, remember that you would like to be nominated for one of the best pal prizes, and that the more effort you put in - the more fun the exchange will be!
Thanks for listening - now we return you to your regularly scheduled packaging receiving coverage....

2 comments:

Shadkitty said...

Well, I have no idea who my pal is. But I think I know who someone else's pal is.

And I am glad you said this as I have heard (and been party to) having a less than responsive pal. Still have LOTS of fun though!

Unknown said...

Are there plans to do another exchange after this one is over? I just found this blog today, and my punk rock knitting heart squealed with glee! ;-)