Saturday, September 20, 2008

Song Contest

It has taken me a few days to come up with the appropriate patterns for my pals songs - so here we go...

Shadowplay - Joy Division -
With this one, I went with the lore of the song - this song is about suicide and Ian Curtis who wrote the song, committed suicide by hanging - so I went with the Emilie Lace Choker.

Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bahaus
For this I went with the Wa na na na na na na na bat shawl from the Anticraft - which Kikibowns is knitting right now. It really went with the song line "White on white translucent black capes" and since Bela became famous for being a vampire - the bats just tied it all together...

Halloween - Misfits
For this one, I went with the Tesselating Skulls chart on Ravelry (free till October 1st) I see so many possibilities with this chart... And the repetition of the skulls reminds me of the repetition of the song, and really what is more Halloween then skulls...

And an extra special thanks to my pal for picking great songs that I actually knew!!
Happy KNitting!

1 comment:

kikibowns said...

I'll be curious to see who your partner is... I mean Joy Division?!!? Bauhaus?!!? I love the patterns you've picked, too. I love the choker. People after my own heart, you are!