Thursday, October 25, 2007

I wish..

I'm a VERY slow knitter. Everything just seems to take me forever to do. And, in recently starting the Secret of the Stole, I've been bitten by the lace bug. I'm already a big fan of socks, they do take me a little longer than the average bear, but it's fairly instant gratification. I've even done lace socks (see Hedera), and been very pleased. But these babies? Ooh yeah. If only I could increase my stitching speed, they might not take three years to finish. And of course, I'd have to make it out of cashmere. Do they make fingering/lace weight cashmere? I'm sure they do. See, I've never researched cashmere, that's how far out of my budget it is. Now I have to go buy some just on principle. Anyway, cashmere stockings. Super soft, nice and warm, and lacy. What's not to love?

And I'd add in a lace shawl for every outfit. Because, if I had infinite knitting skills, it wouldn't take me a year and a half to knit a lace shawl. It'd take me a week. So I would make several. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Those are sooo on my todo list as well....but I would have to make both at once, hate to get SSS with those...