Wednesday, August 27, 2008

KiKiBowns' questionnaire

Hi, I’m Kikibowns, AKA Nicolle. I am a ravelry member, and I love my Addi turbo 40 inch circs! Here’s me:

 

1. Why did you join PRGE? – I love the modern “penpal” aspect of it, and it’s a great way to meet new friends!

1.a. Have you done other swaps? Are you doing other swaps right now? – This is my first swap. I just joined the Fingerless Glove Fanatic fall birthday swap as well.

2. What are your five favorite things? – Books, knitting, eating, the smell of rain, watching movies, music.

2.a. Do these things allow any hints into your personality for your punk pal? – I think so!

3. What are your three favorite things that you have made with knitting/crochet? – Celtic Tote, my clutch purse, fingerless arm warmers

3.a. What do you tend to make with knit/crochet? - purses, hats, etc.

3.b. What do you hope to make (or complete that you have started) someday? – I really want to finish my Louisa Harding Victorian fingerless gloves, and I hope to someday make an actual piece of clothing, or learn to make socks!

4. What five things would you love to see in a swap box someday? Why? – unique handspun yarn, stitch markers in various sizes, yummy treats, a handwritten postcard/note/recipe, a book mark

4.a. What do you hope to never see in a swap box again (or ever)? – novelty yarns. I’m not a big fan of the eyelash or ribbon-y ones.

5. What are your three favorite yarns? What are your three least favorite yarns? – I love handspuns – slubby, chunky, unique yarns that have personality. I’m not good with novelty yarns, so I tend to stay away from them.

5.a. Do you like solid, self-striping, or multi-colored yarns? – I’m open to them all!

5.b. What are your favorite colors? What are your favorite colors to knit with? – I like black, earth tones, moody grays or blues, lilac, greens and golds and oranges

6. What are your five favorite delicacies? – good 71% dark chocolate (i.e. Valrhona), brownies, homemade chocolate chip cookies, lemon bars, spaghetti

6.a. What yarn do you hope to one day try and why? – there are so many! Something so soft you could sleep on it.

7. What are your three favorite guilty pleasures? – reading, chocolate, watching movies and knitting all day

7.a. What are your favorite tv or movie charactors? – I’m a big Buffy fan, Angel, X-Files, House, and Food Network. My fave type of movie is a supernatural thriller. I love a good ghost story.

8. What are the five things you look forward to every week? – Time with my kids, knitting for me, reading, seeing friends, and cycling class.

8.a. What do you do during your week (ie - work, take care of three kids, race walk)? – Kid stuff (I have 2 in elementary school), work 3 days a week, volunteer at school, gym 4 times/week (cycling, yoga, pilates)

9. What do you collect? - books

9.a. What collects you? - books

10. When is your birthday? October 2

10.a. What is your favorite holiday and why? – HALLOWEEN!!! I love being creepy, ghostly, witchy, spooky.

11. Do you have any wishlists? – not really

11.a. Do you have a "favorites" collection anywhere that your pal should know about? – please check my favorites on ravelry for yarn and patterns

12. Do you have any allergies or health related conditions that your pal should know about? – all pet dander

12.a. What drives you nuts? – a bad meal, time away from my family and friends, disorganization

13. What do you do for work and what do you do for fun? – I am a research nurse by day. I love seeing movies in the theater, live music, chatting with friends and crafting groups.

13.a. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? – The lead singer and guitarist of a rock band.

14. What would you like your pal to know that is not covered here? – I’m a foodie. I get excited over a good bottle of olive oil!

14.a. Are you excited for the contests or will you just pretend that they do not exist? – I think I’m excited, but slightly apprehensive as well…

No comments: